CEREC is a high-tech device used to design and manufacture ceramic tooth restorations at the dental practice while the patient waits. The CEREC equipment is comprised of a Bluecam which features a blue LED light source or an Omnicam which features ColorStreaming technology, 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) software to help the dentist design the ideal restoration for the clinical situation, and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) technology that uses two high-speed diamond burs to mill a precise restoration according to the CAD software specifications. The milling process is completed in less than 10 minutes and the entire restorative procedure is completed in a single appointment.
About CEREC Technology
- Partial and full crowns
- All other single-tooth restorations (fillings, etc)
- Provisional single units and bridges
- Single-visit convenience
- Hi-tech accuracy
- Natural, tooth-colored restoration
- Biocompatible, anti-abrasive and plaque resistant ceramic materials
- Metal free – no silver-colored fillings
- Preserves more healthy tooth material
- Extremely precise for long-lasting, natural results
CEREC has more than two decades of clinical research and practical experience to support the success of this technology. More than 25 million restorations have been performed worldwide using CEREC technology. Locally, Jackson Center for Smiles has successfully used CEREC to provide attractive, convenient tooth restorations.